Once you see a scorpion inside your home, it won’t really feel like your home anymore. If you see more than one, then you might already feel done and ready to head to a hotel. What can you do if a scorpion infestation is threatening the comfort of your home or business? Come to Alta Pest Control!
Our scorpion control technicians know the ins and outs of getting rid of scorpions in residential and commercial settings, as well as how to make sure they stay out. All of our technicians are fully certified, licensed, and highly trained, so you can always count on getting the best possible services. We’re also a family-run business, so we take every job to heart because it’s not a corporation’s reputation on the line, it’s ours! This also means that we work hard to keep our services competitively priced without cutting any corners.
See what Alta Pest Control can do for your scorpion problem. Call (866) 290-9502 now.
How Dangerous Are Scorpions?
Most scorpions in our service area – Washington, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas – are not venomous enough to pose a serious threat to people and large pets. But some people will be more prone to unsafe reactions to scorpion venom if stung. Elders, children, and people with allergic reactions to the venom could require emergency medical attention. If someone is stung by a scorpion, you should go to urgent care. Dial 911 if they are showing symptoms of anaphylactic shock.
Even though most “house scorpion” stings are no more dangerous than a typical bee sting, it is better to err on the side of caution. The first step is to get those scorpions out of your house! Our scorpion control services can help.
Signs of a Scorpion Infestation
Scorpion infestations are some of the more difficult infestations to notice, as far as pest infestations go. By their nature, scorpions are reclusive and try to stay out of sight, so they are hard to spot. But there are some warning signs of a scorpion infestation that you should know as a homeowner who might live anywhere scorpions naturally dwell.
Three signs of a scorpion infestation include:
- Many smaller bugs: Scorpions like to eat smaller bugs as the staple of their diets. If you have seen an increase in other bugs around your property, like ants, beetles, and cockroaches, then it is more likely that scorpions will want to live in your home, too, where there is a good supply of food for them. Of course, if there are a lot of insects bothering you, then you can talk to us about getting them off your property which, in turn, can take care of your scorpion problem.
- Citrus trees: The bark scorpion lives in desert regions of the Southwest United States. But it has been known to migrate or even start a foreign population after escaping captivity in other areas. This common scorpion loves to live in citrus trees. If you think you have a scorpion problem and have a lemon or orange tree in your yard, then that might be the first place our technicians will check for a hidden population.
- Confirmed scorpion sighting: As mentioned, scorpions hide and sometimes burrow. They do not like being in the open where birds and lizards can nab them. With that said, if you saw a single scorpion out in the open, then statistics tell us that there are probably many others you did not see.
Can You Prevent Scorpions Yourself?
If you have not seen a scorpion on your property yet, then you might be able to prevent an infestation before it gets a chance to worsen.
Quick tips to stop a scorpion infestation:
- Drain ponds and puddles of standing water, which can attract scorpions and other pests.
- Double-check the seals around your home’s doors and windows. Fix any gaps you find.
- Keep outdoor lights off as much as you can at night to prevent small bugs from drawing close to them. Scorpions will feed on those bugs if they can.
- Keep a meter or more of clear space around the perimeter of your home, which means no brush, debris, firewood, etc.
Why So Many People Choose Alta Pest Control
The easiest way to find out if you have a scorpion infestation – and what to do if you do – is to get Alta Pest Control on the job. Our scorpion control technicians are favorites for so many people across multiple states because we make scorpion control easy and affordable. We are known for our professional courtesy and thoroughness for every job and project, no matter how big or small.
To begin a scorpion control service, we will discuss our services with you and then start an inspection of our property. If we can identify the issue, then we can then decide the best way to treat it. People like us because we find arachnid control services that keep you and your pets safe from potentially hazardous chemicals. Finishing initial treatments is not the end of our services, either. We offer follow-up services to make sure those stingy scorpions stay out.
Let’s Talk Scorpion Control Today
We think right now is the best time to talk about scorpion control. You will sleep easy again once you know that scorpions aren’t skittering around the little corners of your home, so why wait? Get our scorpion control specialists on the phone now by dialing (866) 290-9502 and scheduling a consultation.
“I've used Alta for several years and they have helped our insect/rodent fight a great deal.”- Cathy T.
“The sugar ants are gone and no new holes from the rodents!”- Jill Pace
“Friendly knowledgeable on time and professional.”- Victoria Poncini
“We switched from another provider and I already feel so much confident that this service is being completed to its full expectations.”- Adam Garibaldi
“He was remarkably knowledgeable, courteous, patient, and took great effort to help us understand the issues we were facing.”- Eddie Gurriero