Shoo fly, don’t bother our customers! Alta Pest Control proudly offers fly control services in Washington, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Thanks to our advanced training and certification, as well as our vast industry experience, we know how to approach each job based specifically on the variant of fly that is infesting the property. If you want the flies to buzz off as soon as possible, then you should pick up the phone and dial (866) 290-9502 now.
Signs of a Fly Infestation
Flies are incredibly common insects with a reputation for flying into the tiniest gaps in doors and windows. If a fly is buzzing around your house, it might just be bad luck for you and that one fly, but it might not mean there’s an infestation. You will have to keep an eye open for clearer signs of a fly infestation either in your home or business.
Three telltale signs that a fly infestation is forming on your property are:
- Too many flies: It is not unusual to see a fly in your home every so often. Yet seeing dozens of flies in a short time could be concerning. Or if there is always a cloud of flies around an outdoor trashcan, then it might mean an infestation is present.
- Just a few maggots: Identifying even a few maggots, which are the larval grubs of flies, is a big problem. If maggots are in the garbage or on a piece of refuse outside, then it almost guarantees an infestation.
- Clouded light fixtures: Some species of fly are attracted to light like a moth. When there is an infestation, the flies will gather in a light source, get trapped behind the glass or near the bulb, and pass away. The result is that you will notice that some lights in your home will have opaque spots when illuminated. It might be gross, but such a spot is the collection of dead flies.
How to Prevent a Fly Infestation
Stopping a fly infestation is something you might be able to do if you act quickly. You should start by speaking with a handyman about checking and sealing all windows, doors, and vents on your property. Next, set new ground rules for your household about trash management and disposal. All garbage cans should have secure lids and be emptied the moment the trash level reaches full. Waiting too long to empty a trashcan can give flies a chance to buzz in, find food waste, and lay eggs.
Can Flies Carry Diseases?
Most people assume that house flies are annoying but harmless. Unfortunately, this is likely not the case for most species of flies. Like mosquitos, flies can carry and spread dangerous diseases, either by biting someone or by contaminating food sources.
Diseases believed to be spread by flies include:
- Typhoid fever
- And more
With this said, it is imperative that you start fighting a fly infestation as soon as you suspect that one is happening. Call us at (866) 290-9502 and speak with our fly control specialists now.
Our Fly Control Services
Fly control services from Alta Pest Control usually follow these steps:
- Consultation and inspection: Our technicians can sit down with you to discuss our service options and then perform a thorough property inspection to find all possible problems that are contributing to the fly infestation.
- Treatment: After creating a plan that you agree with, we will implement it right away. We use low-impact solutions that prioritize safety, efficiency, and affordability, so you will always feel satisfied in choosing us for your fly control needs.
- Follow-up service: Fly control services don’t end the last time we service your home, though. We can conduct follow-up services to inspect your property and make sure that the treatments were effective, and the flies are not returning.
Find Out More About Fly Control
How does Alta Pest Control handle fly control in your area? The easiest way to find out is to call (866) 290-9502 and connect with our team. We would be happy to find the right service and solution for you, just as we have done for countless people in the past.
Click here to schedule a consultation with our fly control specialists.
“I've used Alta for several years and they have helped our insect/rodent fight a great deal.”- Cathy T.
“The sugar ants are gone and no new holes from the rodents!”- Jill Pace
“Friendly knowledgeable on time and professional.”- Victoria Poncini
“We switched from another provider and I already feel so much confident that this service is being completed to its full expectations.”- Adam Garibaldi
“He was remarkably knowledgeable, courteous, patient, and took great effort to help us understand the issues we were facing.”- Eddie Gurriero